A 30-minute public affairs program created to showcase non-profit organizations and what they do for the community. I went out into the community to these organizations and conducted interviews, shot video footage for their events that were taking place, gathered all the material and made a feature story to be featured on the program.
After footage was gathered throughout the week, the executive directors and representatives were invited into our studios onset to discuss more in details how they helped the community and how can people volunteer to be more involved.
Productions take place each Friday during the semester from 1:00 – 2:00 pm. Gray also feature campus organizations as well to showcase how students care about service and how those on campus can be more active for a better cause.
So far, there have been 38 organizations and 75 different executive directors and representatives featured on the program.
Non-Profit and Student Organizations Featured:
- United Way
- Arkansas Single Parent Scholarship Fund, Helping Neighbors Food Pantry
- NEA Food Bank, Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA)
- Paces For Parents
- Child Advocacy Center
- Make A Wish
- Zeta Phi Beta
- Chi Omega
- Hispanic Community Services Inc. (HCSI)
- Foundation of Arts
- American Red Cross
- Special Olympics
- Mission Outreach of Paragould Arkansas
- Salvation Army
- Pregnancy Resource Center
- City Youth
- Learning Life Skills
- Better Life Counseling Center
- Legal Aid Arkansas
- John 3:16
- NEA Human Society
- Volunteer ASTATE
- Women’s Crisis Center
- NEA Baptist Charitable Foundation
- Area Agency on Aging
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF)
- Children’s Clinic
- Junior Auxiliary
- Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc.
- Miracle League of Jonesboro
- Focus Inc.
- Autism Association of NEA
- Kappa Alpha Si Fraternity Inc.
- Tana Despain’s Mark’s Place
- March of Dimes
- Mid America Transplant Services